Vavuniya Campus of the University of Jaffna is the fastest growing academic institution in Sri Lanka. The Faculty of Business Studies was established in 1997 and it delivers business management degree in four specialisation areas such as Accounting and Finance, Marketing Management, Human Resource Management and Business Economics. Further, it has recently introduced a new degree program in Project Management. The faculty is now open for research conference on business studies in order to promote research activities to provide effective solutions to meet the contemporary business challenges.
Authors are invited to submit original research papers to the 1st Research Conference on Business Studies (RCBS-2016).
Accounting and Finance
Business Information System
Human Resource Management
Operation and Supply Chain Management
Tourism and Hospitality Management
Submission of Extended Abstracts
5 th of February 2016 15th of February 2016
Notification of Acceptance or Revision or Rejection of Abstracts 1st of March 2016
Submission of Revised Extended Abstracts 15thof April 2016
Notification of Acceptance or Revision or Rejection of Abstracts 15th of May 2016
Date of Registration 10thof June 2016
Date of Conference 24th of June 2016
- All submissions must be original and should not have been previously accepted for publication in a journal, or presented in another conference or be under review at another conference.
- All papers will be blind reviewed. Papers presented at the conference will be included in the conference proceedings. Qualified papers from the conference will be published in the Journal of Business Management, Faculty of Business Studies.
- At least one of the authors must register before the deadline of registration, otherwise the paper will not be published in the conference proceedings. Further, all the registered authors are expected to attend and present the paper in the conference.
- Submissions relating to the major theme of the conference and sub themes are encouraged. Conceptual, theory building, or empirical papers from the main and sub themes are welcome.
- The content of the extended paper should include Introduction, Literature Review, Methodology, Results and Discussions, Conclusion and Recommendations, References and Acknowledgements.
- Contributors are encouraged to limit their pages to not less than three and not more than four including references (adhere to word limit of the extended abstract body – 750 words to 1000 words).
- Adhere to the following editing instructions. Paper size- A4 paper, font- 12pts, font style times new roman, spacing- one and an half spacing, margins- all sides one inch and all the subheadings should be bold and left aligned.
- Use Harvard System of citations and references. Please refer website: http://guides.is.uwa.edu.au/content.php?pid=43218&sid=31855 Manuscripts prepared in Microsoft Word should be submitted electronically to the convener, RCBS at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr A. Pushpanathan
Mr Y. Nanthagopan
Dr. (Mrs.) K. Kalainthan
Dr. (Mrs.) K. Kalainthan (Chief Editor)
Dr. G. Jeyaseelan
Mr. A. Thayaparan
Mr. Y. Nanthagopan
Mrs .J. S .Thevaruban
Mr .T. Pratheepan
Mr. J. Aloy Niresh
Mrs. A. Dhanushanthini
Ms. V. Thusiyanthy
Ms. S. Danoshana